Sunday 12 January 2014

The World (Is Going Up In Flames) [Part 2]

A good part of today was spent not tidying, but discovering that there are pelicans in St James' Park and trying to take photos of them. This was the best I could do:


What's that? You can't actually see any pelicans there? Well, yes. That's because by this point they'd swam behind that grassy bit, and were also too far away and so really tiny. The latter was the same problem for this heron:


I think it's a fairly nice picture anyway. Nothing like a good long walk in the park in the cold to start the day off right, hey?

Except that I originally planned to give myself until the end of today to get everything in my room finished, but a week of not sleeping very well has taken it's toll (a topic we will return to at a later date), and this afternoon was been mostly spent laying on my bed watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Very classy.

So we've not managed to get everything organised, but progress has certainly been made. May I present:

Area formerly known as Problem Area #2:


All the clothes were sorted in a keep pile or a donate pile. The donate pile went straight to Oxfam (up a much-steeper-than-planned hill), and the keep pile went straight in the wash basket. New home for my shoes as well.

This next area wasn't even a problem area.... it just didn't exist at all!


The television is the one that was on my desk yesterday, the first shelf of books are the cookbooks I mentioned, which had been living in a box underneath the desk for the last six months, and the books beneath that are various academic texts that have really been living on the floor for god knows how long. And the electronics (wireless router etc) are all nice and neat too. The table itself was 'borrowed' from the living room.

Also, yes, I did only just get instagram recently and am overusing the filters a bit. I'm late to the party. But you know what?


---

Things still left to do:

* Move desk to the left, swap boxes around different sides.
* Put the printer on the smaller box.
* Problem area #3
* Clothes recycling bag 2
* Actually clean (vacuum, dust etc)
* Change bedding. Do additional load of laundry to get to-wash pile down.

Smaller things (to buy):

40W 240V screw-in bulb
Over-door hooks


No comments:

Post a Comment